What if you chose NOW as the time to be awake to your life?
Sounds great! How do I do that?
Join me and fellow lovers of language in a five week journey of mindful writing! Through daily mindfulness and writing practices, we will engage in the life we have now: cultivating mindful presence, attending to beauty, honoring struggle, and writing all of that down.
Our world needs more people who are awake!
Now, more than ever, as we witness seemingly endless suffering and strife, it is vital for us to show up and be present with ourselves and with others. This process begins with deep listening to ourselves, with writing our own thoughts, feelings, and stories.
|When:||October 17 to November 20|
|What:||Five weeks of showing up for ourselves and our creativity. Waking up and writing down.|
|Who:||Anyone who wants to feel more alive and open to their creativity|
|How:||Lessons, prompts, activities, written and audio practices posted on our interactive course site. Sharing your work, process, & progress in community.|
|Why:||Every moment we have the chance to show up and be present. Every moment offers the opportunity to witness and create.|
I am a writer and I’ve been a writing teacher for the past eight years. I know the power of story. I know the power of language to create, shift, and alter our lives. Time and time again, I have seen students transform their whole way of seeing themselves and the world around them the moment they gave themselves permission to tell their story. That’s all it took. Allowing their stories to shine through.
My journey as a mindfulness practitioner the last five years has worked its way into my writing practices. The simple act of paying attention—at my writing desk, in the classroom, on a walk, at the grocery store, in conversation with a friend, on social media, on my cushion—has dramatically changed my life and the quality of my writing. And I want to share the richness of that integration with you!
- How to awaken to your life
- How to settle into stillness
- How to recognize the rich material for writing that already exists in your daily experience.
- How to turn down your inner critic and tune into your inner wisdom
- How to make time and space for practices that matter to you
- Practices for engaging with yourself and your path
- Writing prompts and practices
- How to honor your own voice
- Raw material of our daily lives and memories
- Voices of diverse teachers, mentors, and guides
- Your preconceived notions about time and space and ability
- How to live your days–and thus your life– with wakeful attention
Come away with
- New ways to engage with yourself, your writing, and the world outside you.
- New ideas and writing material
- Practices to keep your mindful writing going
- Permanent access to online course materials
Join me for the Waking Up! Writing Down! e-course
The fun begins on October 17, 2016
Sign up for Waking Up! Writing Down! e-course